Sunshine Award

Sunshine Award
We All Need A Little Sunshine Daily

Monday, November 8, 2010

Visiting Saskatchewan 1943 With A Vintage Postcard


Today's posting is a vintage look at Saskatchewan Canada. The view is Second avenue looking north. Street scene shows drug store, cafe and other businesses. The cars parked are so beautiful in their vintage glory.

This is another family postcard passed down to me from my parents. It is written May of 1943. My father writing to my mother. They were not married until October in a whirlwind romance. They met in May and my father courted her before he left and through postcards. He says " I miss you more than I thought I would. "

They were married over 50 years. I am so glad that this post card was also saved.


Thanks for stopping by... Hope that you will take a moment and view some of my other postcards. Grace

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet..."I miss you more than I thought I would." You really got me with this postcard. I love streetscapes with streetcars, and the message is great too.

    ReplyDelete