Sunshine Award

Sunshine Award
We All Need A Little Sunshine Daily

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Visiting Colorado through vintage postcards Elephant Rock near Palmer Lake



Today I am visiting Colorado. My father was born in Craig Colorado and his family lived in Colorado until my grandfather Perry moved on to Washington . My great grandfather Adam lived and died in Colorado. So for his memory is this beautiful vintage postcard.

This post card is of Elephant Rock, near Palmer Lake, Colorado. It is postmarked 1941.
Palmer Lake is a little over 400 miles from Craig Colorado.
Elephant Rock, near Palmer Lake, close to the railroad is to been seen one of the most curious rock formations to be found in Colorado. The sandstone has been weathered into the very realistic shape of an elephant, and is an object of interest to all who travel this way.
Thanks for stopping by to see my vintage postcards ... Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment