Sunshine Award

Sunshine Award
We All Need A Little Sunshine Daily

Monday, September 14, 2009

Great Northern Station Minneapolis Minnesota


Vintage Post card of the Great Northern Station in Minneapolis Minnesota
This is a used post card postmarked Minneapolis 1944
Addressed to Mr. Chester Johnson of Brainerd from a friend named Ellen living now in St. Paul, Minnesota
Great old card, showing some wear on edges and creases on corners.
I love the cars and the old Great Northern Building.

The Minneapolis Great Northern Depot was a passenger train station that served Minneapolis, Minnesota . It was built in 1913 and torn down in 1978. It was located on Hennepin Avenue next to the Hennepin Avenue Bridge and across the street from the main Minneapolis Post Office.

I have fond memories of this train station. In the early 1960's we would travel from Duluth to Minneapolis by train. Once a year my sister , cousin and I would go on a week end trip with my Aunt Daisy ( you can read about her in an earlier post) and when I was a young teenager my sister , cousin and I would take the train to meet up with cute young boys from a Minneapolis church for a very chaperoned week end visit with them and their parents.

I loved to travel by train then and still love to take the train when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment