Sunshine Award

Sunshine Award
We All Need A Little Sunshine Daily

Friday, October 1, 2010

Vintage Postcard Duluth Minnesota Cascade Park sent to Olga Ekstrand from Uncle John






Here is another beautiful vintage postcard from my personal collection.


This one is a scene from Cascade Park in Duluth Minnesota.


It is postmarked 1911 and addressed to Olga Ekstrund of Cambidge Minnesota.


Written is Dear niece Olga


We are in Duluth on a visit. I wish


you could see this city of high hills, big steamboats and Mills.


Your uncle John


With a quick search of http://www.ancestry.com/ I think I found our Olga who received this postcard

1910 United States Federal Census about Olga S Ekstrand
Name:
Olga S Ekstrand[Olga S Elstrand]
Age in 1910:
13
Estimated birth year:
abt 1897
Birthplace:
Minnesota
Relation to Head of House:
Daughter
Father's Name:
Charles A Ekstrand
Father's Birth Place:
Sweden
Mother's Name:
Hedwig Ekstrand
Mother's Birth Place:
Sweden
Home in 1910:
Cambridge, Isanti, Minnesota
Marital Status:
Single
Race:
White
Gender:
Female
Neighbors:
View others on page
Household Members:
Name
Age
Charles A Ekstrand
54
Hedwig Ekstrand
45
Victor R Ekstrand
15
Olga S Ekstrand
13
Ruth F L Ekstrand
5
Lisa Ekstrand
72
Sarah Ekstrand
40


I am going to be thinning out my postcards and this one will go for sale soon on eBayhttp://shop.ebay.com/turnabout01/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340 . If you happen to know a relative of this family please let them know and they can contact me through my comments or through my site at eBay.
Visit others at http://thebestheartsarecrunchy.blogspot.com/2010/10/scarecrow-in-pink-postcard-friendship.html for Friendship Friday.
Thanks for stopping by.. hope that you come back to see more of my vintage postcards.

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely old card. :-)

    Happy PFF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite card. It's like sitting there yourself, on the bench, amidst the trees. Happy PFF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to have found out who it was that sent and received such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I wish I were sitting on the banks of that river right now.

    ReplyDelete